In this Episode We Explore:
- Why our Wounds are apart of our Life Path & apart of our Service to others
- Empaths: What we are Sensitive & Why Empathy is important for the world we're in now
- Vulnerability as Strength
- Addiction as misused energy & misplaced emotional energy
- How-To love our Sensitivity & see it as a Superpower
- Why it's Vital for Women to be in touch with their Sensitivity
- The Intuition's Voice Vs. The Ego's Voice
- The Power of Female Intuition - how to choose relationships, jobs, etc. from this Power Place
I have been reading an incredibly insightful book called the Empath Survival Guide by Judith Orloff. It came to my understanding in my last relationship that I have a remarkable amount of sensitivity. So often in my life this has been something that I have judged instead of embraced, mostly because the world at large doesn’t exactly embrace sensitivity mostly viewing it as weakness, versus something to honor.
I remember the first ever time I saw Marianne Williamson speak in Los Angeles, she was saying that vulnerability is actually the deepest form on strength. I never forgot this sentiment. This leads me back to the book.. Judith Orloff explains how empaths are highly sensitive and emotionally open and hyper available beings who often struggle with relationships and even life in general, when they do not fully understand the beauty and power of their ability to feel life in such a deep manner. I should shift this writing into 1st person, as these are the things I am currently learning reading this amazing book..
So what is an empath? An empath is someone who feels, a lot. Empaths can be vastly misunderstood in the world because as I mentioned above, sensitivity is so often deemed a weak or inappropriate state of being living in a world where a tough shell is often called for and even celebrated as the right way of existing. In a world like this, sensitivity is a power move and a risk. To feel to is truly understand what life is all about. As I mentioned in one of my recent blog posts How to Love Yourself, often times if we don’t take the initiative to feel our way through our experience, the Universe or Life, will give us challenge and seeming opposition to open up our feeling centers. I also like to think of spirituality or living life with awareness, as an opportunity to stay in sync with the Universe’s rhythms so we can soften the blows life hands over at times..
Feeling is the soul’s opportunity to speak with us. Life is complex and offers us a ton of opportunities to understand and relate to it in our own unique way. If you think you are an empath or just someone with extreme sensitivity, I definitely recommend reading Judith’s book and getting into touch with understanding this powerful part of yourself. This is a journey I am currently embarking upon and I can say that it has already brought so much clarity and peace into my life.
Suggested Reads by Natalia Benson
1. Conversations with God by Neale Donald Walsh
2. Empath Survival Guide by Judith Orloff
3. Material Girl, Mystical World by Ruby Warrington of the-Numinous
4. Journey of Souls by Michael Newton
5. Many Lives, Many Masters by Dr. Brian Weiss