One of my favorite “New Age” books is Ruby Warrington’s “Material Girl, Mystical World”. Why? Because I love the concept of bringing esoteric wisdom into the modern world so that ALL of life can be enjoyed. The Material is truly not separated from the Spiritual- We are here to enjoy & I know that when we feel amazing in our physical vessel, we are honoring our Soul.
I also believe that glow is something that comes from within and that the human vessel is our vehicle for the soul’s expression.
Fashion, our skin, our makeup, the way we present ourselves, dress our spirit & present our essence to one another, should we choose to look at it that way.
I’ve been excited to share some of my glow secrets, Los Angeles beauty hacks & other fun “Material Girl” type suggestions! Not only that, I love promoting & supporting the incredible women I receive these services from. So here goes... ;)
1. Aries like their Brows Bold AF
Microblading w/ Angelina Mancinas
Ok, so Angelina is a Pisces. We met years ago on Facebook & she offered to do my makeup for a DJ gig that I had. Angelina is drop dead gorgeous & the kindest spirit you will ever meet. All that aside she this babe knows eyebrows.
She first started shaping my brows when threading was a major thing & then introduced me to microblading years later.
I am an Aries & there is one funny characteristic about many of us and that is we love a good, bold brow, mostly because we like to look fierce AF. lol.
I was experiencing some hormonal issues a few years back & the ends of my brows were beginning to thin. Angelina began to thread my brows and as my diet & health re-regulated everything has come back full force with the microblade shading giving me a beautiful shape & thickness I didn’t have before. Angelina is gentle & numbs the sh*t out of you before hand, but do know that the word “blade” is inherent in the term “microblading” so I would just suggest numbing for as long as possible & being sure to eat a full meal before. Angelina will take amazing care of you & your brows.
To Book with Angelina: http://www.angelinamancinas.com
2. Healthy Hair is a MUST - Golden Locks are my version of having a halo ;)
Healthy Bleach Blonde from Sustainable Beauty Expert, Meleesa of Meleesa the Salon
Meleesa and I also found one another in a magical way. She is a Gemini and a GENIUS with hair. Meleesa is an expert with blondes and making sure that even though I make her take my naturally brown hair to WHITE WHITE BLONDE every time, she nails it and my hair remains healthy, growing & glowing!!
What I love about this babe and her space is:
1. It's a Sustainable Beauty Collective - meaning, Meleesa implements Eco-Friendly techniques into her Salon practice as well as utilizes the best quality / Earth-friendly products, dyes, etc.
2. The Vibes are epic - crystals everywhere. Every time I go in it feels like my time to just RELAX. I've put her Salon in Huntington Beach on my Insta Stories a few times as well as the space she creates out of in LA! So vital to be in a calming space, sometimes getting my hair done is my one moment of CHILL. lol
3. Meleesa being a Gemini is funny, wise and amazing to talk to.
Hair Routine x Products:
1. Meleesa suggested I use Vegan, Earth Friendly Line: Neuma !
I have issues often times with my hair being REALLY dry, kind of like a wild horse mane. I started using Neuma thanks to Meleesa & their deep hydrating blends x Violet Blonde Shampoo Treatment.
More Info on Meleesa & her Salon Here: https://www.meleesathesalon.com/
3. I'm not huge on getting creative with makeup, but after finding my babe Nikki DeRoest I get majorly creative while keeping it NATURAL
How magical is life? I really believe that we are brought everything & everyone we truly need at the perfect moment... no questions asked!
Nikki (a fellow Aries;) and I met at our gym bonding over wearing the exact same sports bra (another s/o Year of Ours), she looked like a Boss but was so kind and warm we became almost instant friends.
I started following Nikki only to figure out she is a GENIUS with makeup, styling & all things BEAUTY. Her Instagram is not only inspiring (with her amazing take on beauty hacks x her remarkable humor) but also incredibly informative. Her Instagram Stories will teach you ways and means to get creative with your beauty routine & feel beautiful from the inside out.
I love makeup because #colors, but, I never seem to know what to do with everything available on the market. Grateful I found Nik and can get inspired (and entertained:) by her on the daily.
My Makeup Routine: (Inspired by Nikki)
1. Clean, fresh skin!! (See my Glow Skin Hacks below...) - Nikki encourages healthy, glowing skin which we both agree on is an inside & outside job.
2. Glossier Boy Brow - to complete my mega brows by Angelina (lolz), I am obsessed with Glossier Boy Brow. Nikki has a few suggestions as well as a post on Growing your Brows on her Instagram (as of today!!)
3. Lancome Cils Booster XL - Lash Primer - this stuff is INSANE. In my opinion, it will make any mascara work like magic. Definitely worth a try.
4. Mascara - your choice. I use like 20 different ones & don't keep track!
5. A beautiful light eyeshadow, keep it natural! I actually stopped wearing liquid liner after following Nikki's posts - I love the look of brightening the eye & getting creative with a color & sparkles.
6. THE BEST LIP MOISTURIZER IN THE WORLD - Just literally.. you're welcome. I am not big on lipstick but I absolutely MUST have my lips moisturized or I don't feel right! Buy this right nowwww!: Emu Oil Lip Balm ($7)
Follow Nikki & check out her site:
4. Glowing Skin Hacks: My Bliss Skincare Routine x Healthy Diet & WATER.
I've talked about this before but I read Tarot for Bliss a few months back for their big re-launch event & was re-introduced to their products after always being obsessed with the Lemon Sage Bodywash that was once the trademark smell of The Standard Hotel.
I keep my skin routine incredibly simple & natural, and because my skin is so sensitive, I am really careful about what I use.
From their Makeup Melter Skin Cleanser, Micro Magic Exfoliating Scrub (I use this only 2-3x a week), INCREDIBLE Face Masks (I do 1x a week) & the Ex-glow-sion Moisturizer (that is somehow only $20) my skin has literally never been better. I attribute this to not only great products, but plenty of water, self-love, self-care & a diet of clean, organic foods & healthy fats, that say I LOVE YOU SELF. Our skin is our BIGGEST organ, which is such a trip to think about, it literally reflects back to us how we are treating it almost instantly.
Anyways, also back to the products! I suggest perusing their site and seeing what speaks to you!
My Skin Glow Routine:
1. Bliss Products listed above.
And thanks to my Aesthetician the incredible, Mia Belle Skin who I posted to my stories a few months back, who suggested that I only wash my face once in the evening or after a workout - this has changed my skin in a totally new way and all the extra oil and shine I had completely diminished.
2. Plenty of Sleep, Fresh Water (you will pee a lot which is a good sign!) & Meditation.
3. Bone Broth, Healthy Fats & Clean Organic Eating on the Daily!
Everyone has to find what works for them in terms of eating & nourishment. I've found what works for me and it reflects in the health of my skin, Menstrual cycle and overall vitality. If you are struggling with your skin or unsure which diet choices are best for you, I suggest finding a Holistic Nutritionist that you trust to help unravel the mystery with you. It's a journey worth embarking upon and one that I have been refining & exploring since I was about 18 years old!
5. Final Beauty Hack: Self Acceptance
Perhaps not what one would expect on a post on all things beauty hacking, but, being that I am a Spiritual Gal I feel this one is definitely worth touching on. Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, it truly freaking is. As someone who has delt with MANY issues around accepting my unique beauty, body and all of the things, I note this as my final beauty hack because, beauty really does resonate from the inside out. Have you ever met someone who although was not the cultural definition of what is "perfect" or "beautiful" - you found them incredibly attractive & sexy? This is because true beauty, resonates from the Soul. And especially from a soul at peace. Some people are considered the cultural standard of beauty but, they don't have that spark in their eyes that only can originate from One who knows & respects themselves on a deep, deep level.